Questions? Call us at (509) 531-2800
Member of Better Business Bureau
Pack boxes with only things from the same room. This will make it easier to distribute the boxes on unloading day.
READY TO BOOK?
Call us right now to reserve your MOVING DAY:
How Much Will It Cost?
Visit our Moving Estimate page for a free, no-obligation estimate...
Safety & Security
Items not allowed on the truck:
1. Don’t use used boxes. You never know what little critter is hiding – or if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
2. Remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
3. Always stack dishes upwards when packing.
4. Never use printed newsprint to wrap fine china.
5. Never use duct tape – use packing tape.
6. Clearly label all boxes on top and side.
8. Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
7. Pack important and sentimental documents separately to be easily accessible including: children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information and photo albums.
10. As you take apart furniture and other items make sure to tape all parts to the main base.
9. For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
11. Use only small boxes for books. They get very heavy, very fast.
12. Use wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
13. Try to pack all electronic equipment, like stereos in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
15. By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
14. Start packing items you will not need ahead of time.
16. Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
17. Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
19. Always tape boxes. Don’t interlock the tops.
21. Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
18. Always pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface.
20. Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your day.
22. Two weeks before the move don’t forget to arrange to transfer school records.
23. Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
25. Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day -- you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
27. Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
24. Remember to get snacks for move day.
26. Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
28. Clean your stove before you move out.
33. Don’t use boxes without tops. No tops make it impossible to stack properly in the truck.
31. Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
29. The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
30. Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
32. If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
34. Use custom-designed boxes when packing fine china and clothing.
Items you should keep with you:
- jewelry/furs/any collections
- credit cards/personal documents & records
- hardware/small parts from any disassembly
- deeds/mortgages/banking documentation